Do you chrome plate wheels?
- Yes we can, but we actually use a process called PVD, not the traditional chrome process. Click here to learn more about PVD.
Can you do motorcycle rims?
- Yes we do! Click here to view our current Motorcycle Parts Price List.
How do I prep something before sending?
- We do all of the “prep” work here, the only thing that we ask is that you disassemble everything as much as it can be and notify us if there are specifics that we may not know (i.e. “the threads are already a tight fit as is, so those need to be plugged off to stay the same size”; “another piece fits with this piece so please make sure the minimal thickness is added”, etc.)
If I blast, polish, etc. before I send it to you, will I save $?
- Unfortunately, probably not. We do everything here from start to finish so that we know specifically what was done to it, what was used to do it, and what type of process needs to be done next. Sometimes people “helping” us is actually hindering.
Why is re-chroming sometimes more expensive than buying new?
- Restoring a piece is labor intensive. There is lot of time and meticulous man power that goes into restoring something to what it once was vs. a company reproducing a new piece in mass quantities.
- There are also some instances with reproduced parts where they don’t fit correctly; you don’t have to worry about that with us restoring the original part.
What is the average turn-around time?
- steel/aluminum usually 4-6 weeks
- stainless polishing 2-4 weeks
- die cast/pot metal 6-12 weeks
- bumpers 12-16 weeks unless corvette end type bumpers then 6-10 weeks is sufficient
- These times can also vary depending on time of year. December through April is normally our busiest period, so times can be extended a little during those months. Summer is normally slower, so turn-around times can be a little quicker.
How do I take care of my newly chromed parts?
- Do not use anything abrasive. Use chrome cleaners such as Turtle, Mother’s, or No. 9.
What types of payment do you accept?
- We take credit card payments over the phone – All types of cards.
- We accept cash payments but do not recommend sending cash in the mail.
- Money order
Do you have a minimum?
- Yes, our minimum is $90.
Do you offer a warranty?
- We offer a one year warranty on all parts.
- Issues do not arise often after our process is complete, but if something does happen it would show up within the first year and we would correct the issue at our cost.
Do you do provide services to international customers?
- Absolutely! The Chrome Shop has been providing quality chrome plating to hundreds of satisfied customers around the world. The current exchange rate makes our services particularly attractive. We’ve also redone a lot of Chinese chrome plating that didn’t meet the quality standards our customer have come to know and expect. While we are primarily an English speaking shop, a few of us know a little Spanish. Contact Us for more information.